Learn more about what, where, and when you can harvest in Alaska waters
|Crab: Dungeness, King, Tanner, and other crab|
|Finfish: Herring, salmon, other freshwater finfish|
|Ground Fish: Halibut, Pacific cod, pollock, rockfish, sablefish|
|Other: Clams, geoducks, octopuses, scallops, sea urchins, snails, squid|
How to explore fisheries
- Choose your variables of interest using the drop-down menus above the map. The map will show symbols for all fisheries that match your choices. Fishery symbols do not specify exact fishery locations.
- Click any fishery symbol on the map for details.
Access code definitions
- CS - Buy access through a Catch Share program
- IFQ - Buy access through federal Individual Fishing Quota system
- LE - Buy a Limited Entry state permit
- Lim - Fisheries with other Limits to entry
- Open - Open access, plus registration and fees
An online search for "Alaska fishing permits" or "Alaska quota share" should yield a list of brokers who post current permit costs.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org about about errors or omissions.