Alaska Sea Grant initiated a dedicated advisory committee in 2003, composed of individuals from an array of stakeholder groups representing all regions of the state. Our advisory committee provides valuable guidance in identifying state priorities for research, education, and extension within the subset of National Sea Grant focus areas, participates in strategic planning efforts, and plays an integral part in the review of research proposals.
Chair: Michael Kohan, Science and Policy Director, Sitka Salmon Shares
Vice-chair: Dee Williams, Deputy Regional Director, US Geological Survey
- Barb Amarok, Director, University of Alaska Fairbanks Northwest Campus
- Kaja Brix, Arctic Program Director, NOAA Fisheries Alaska Region (Alternate for Jon Kurland)
- Diana Evans, Deputy Director, North Pacific Fishery Management Council
- Nicole Kimball, Vice President, Pacific Seafood Processors Association
- Jon Kurland, Alaska Regional Administrator, NOAA National Marine Fisheries Service
- Scott Lindsey, Regional Director, NOAA National Weather Service
- Vera Metcalf, Director, Eskimo Walrus Commission at Kawerak, Inc.
- Hazel Nelson, Board of Directors, Bristol Bay Native Corporation
- Kris Norosz, Petersburg
- Jodie Anderson, Director, UAF Institute of Agriculture, Natural Resources and Extension
- Aaron Poe, Network Program Officer, Alaska Conservation Foundation
- Dave Reggiani, Managing Senior Partner & Aquaculture Consultant, Unakwik Aquaculture Group, LLP
- Tara Riemer, President & CEO, Alaska SeaLife Center
- Ralph Samuels, Vice President of Government and Community Relations, Princess Cruises/Holland America
- Chris Siddon, Marine Fisheries Scientist, Alaska Department of Fish and Game
- Sheyna Wisdom, Executive Director, Alaska Ocean Observing System
Fred Schlutt, Jr.
* past chairs