Call for presentations —
2024 Mariculture Conference of Alaska
We want to hear from farmers, processors, researchers, community leaders and other professionals at the 2024 Mariculture Conference of Alaska. This is your chance to share your knowledge, experience, or research related to the development of mariculture in the state.
Presentation or poster proposals (abstracts for researchers) for the conference should be submitted no later than December 1, 2023. The proposals will be evaluated for inclusion based on their relevance to the conference themes, including research, innovative practices, education, and industry growth.
Please submit your abstract online, 500-word maximum, by December 1, 2023.
Your abstract should include a title, a brief description of the presentation subject, and the name, contact information, and affiliation of any collaborators.
Presenters have the option of giving a 15-minute oral presentation with visuals such as PowerPoint, a 5-minute lightning talk with or without visuals, or a poster presentation. We encourage presentations from farmers and community leaders!
Topics can include, but are not limited to:
- Sustainability of Marine Cultures
- Innovative Technology for Advancing Mariculture
- Strategies for Tribal Mariculture Development
- Managing Mariculture Resources
- Mariculture and Workforce Development
- Climate Change and Mariculture Impacts
- Strategies for Increasing Mariculture Profits
- Best Practices for Mariculture Research and Development
- Mariculture and Community Engagement
If you have questions about this call for presentations, contact Melissa Good, Alaska Sea Grant mariculture specialist. We look forward to receiving your submissions and seeing you at the 2024 Mariculture Conference of Alaska.