Alaska Sea Grant invites Alaska-based organizations to host 2022 Alaska Sea Grant State Fellows for one year starting next summer. We are also inviting graduate students to apply to the fellowship program.
The Alaska Sea Grant State Fellowship builds and strengthens Alaska’s future marine and coastal resource management workforce by encouraging enthusiastic, bright new professionals to launch their careers in the state. The program matches highly motivated soon-to-graduate or recently-finished graduate students with an Alaska-based organization or agency for a one-year paid fellowship.
We are entering the 8th year of this popular and successful program. Alumni of the program have gone on to gainful employment in the state.
Interested in being a host? Please complete a host application by February 11, 2022. Organizations can apply to host more than one fellowship position.
Host expectations include:
- Engaging the fellow in work important to marine or fisheries science or policy
- Mentoring and supervising the fellow and promoting growth towards the fellow’s professional goals
Interested in being a fellow? Visit the Alaska Sea Grant State Fellowship website for details and application instructions. Review the information, talk with our staff, and start your applications early to allow time to collect references and other materials. Completed applications are due February 11, 2022.
Fellow expectations include:
- Participating as a full-time, professional staff with the host for 12 months
- Creating a professional development plan and tracking accomplishments
2022 Alaska Sea Grant State Fellowship timeline
- Host and fellow applications due February 11, 2022
- Interviews in February/March
- Placements in March/April
- One-year fellowships start between June and September 2022
An informational webinar about the Alaska Sea Grant State Fellowship and other Sea Grant fellowship opportunities will be held via Zoom on January 14, 2022, at 3:00 pm, and will include the opportunity to ask questions. Register for the fellowship information webinar.