Kachemak Bay Science Conference 2018
March 7 - March 10Free
Registration is Open and FREE.
The Kachemak Bay Science Conference is a forum for presenting scientific and traditional ecological knowledge relevant to Kachemak Bay and its surrounding coasts and waters, to foster an informed and engaged community of environmental researchers, educators and decision-makers. The goal of this conference is to provide new information and syntheses to the broad community interested in and working on related issues. The theme is “Science without borders: Working across disciplines, boundaries, and barriers.”
- Data Portals Tours
- Reproducible Analysis with R Markdown
- Graphic Facilitation
- Benefits of Storm Berms in Kachemak Bay
- Visiting Headwater Homes for Juvenile Salmon
- Underwater Tour of Kachemak Bay (Virtual Field Trip)
- Harmful Species Community Monitoring/ROV
Keynote Speaker: Nancy Lord. Thursday, March 8, 6:00 pm
Formal Poster Session and Social: Friday, March 9, 5:00 pm
Visit the event website to learn more!