Torie retired from the University of Alaska in 2018.
- Marine boating safety training in Prince William Sound and the Gulf of Alaska
- Seafood processor and direct marketers support
- Commercial fishing business assistance
- Research collaboration and local outreach
Commercial fishing, seafood marketing, community and online education
Alaska Marine Safety Education Association, Prince William Sound Advisory Committee to Alaska Boards of Fish and Game, American Fisheries Society, Cordova District Fishermen United, United Fishermen of Alaska
- B.A. University of Washington
- M.Ed. University of Alaska Anchorage
- Community Science Lecture Series: In partnership with the Prince William Sound Science Center, we provide visiting marine resource researchers with public lecture opportunities throughout the winter.
- Onboard safety drills certification, salmon quality handling and HACCP courses are annually available through the MAP office.