Writes stories, reports and other communication pieces for a variety of audiences about Alaska Sea Grant work and activities. Serves as the public information point of contact for Alaska Sea Grant, in coordination with the UAF University Relations team.
- M.A. International Public Relations and Global Communications Management, Cardiff University
- B.S. Journalism and Mass Communications, Iowa State University
- Writing and Research Specialist, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Anchorage
- Public Affairs intern, U.S. State Department, U.S. Embassy in Armenia
- Technical Writer/Grant Writer, Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium (ANTHC)
- Research Assistant, Kalahari Research Center, South Africa
- Mixed Taxonomy Intern, Caño Palma Biological Research Station, Costa Rica
I am passionate about wildlife (including conservation and research) and volunteer with wild bird rehabilitation at Bird TLC in Anchorage. Favorite hobbies include photography and traveling to new places. I also love hiking and camping, cooking, fishing, berry picking and spending time with my family, including my cat, Voodoo.