Oversee Alaska Sea Grant’s communications efforts including digital and print publications, websites, social media, videos, bookstore, and events. Manage and cultivate relationships with the news media, stakeholders and other audiences. Produce stories that highlight Alaska Sea Grant’s work. Profile the people and places that define Alaska Sea Grant’s mission to enhance the sustainable use and conservation of Alaska’s marine, coastal, and watershed resources through research, education, and outreach. Serve as Alaska’s communications point of contact with National Sea Grant and other Sea Grant programs throughout the United States. Joined Alaska Sea Grant in November 2020.
- University of Alaska Anchorage, Development and Employer Relations, 2016–2020
- Girl Scouts of Alaska, Director of Communications, 2011–2013
- The Wilderness Society, Science Communications, 2006–2009
- Audubon Alaska, Development and Communications, 2004–2006
- John A. Knauss Marine Policy Fellow, 1997
- M.S., Natural Resource Policy and Behavior, University of Michigan
- B.A., Government with Environmental Studies concentration, Dartmouth College